Multi Drilling Tool
The Multi Drilling Tool has the same properties as the Tyrfing sword and will cut through casing (iron) and cement (stone) as easily as through clothes.
- Large drill bits
- Multiple holes per drilling
- Multiple drillings per run
- No need to rotate or orient tool
- Maintain integrity of parent casing
- Independent of cement behind casing
- No need for cutting and pulling tubulars
- No need for handling, shipping and disposal of tubulars
- No swarf handling or damage to BOP
- No use of explosives
- Reduced risk profile
- Surface / Environmental plug
- Shallow gas
- Temporary P&A
- Casing/cement repair
- Annulus communication
13 3/8″ Tool data
- 2.5″ OD drill bits
- 15 holes per activation
- Three levels, five drill bits per level
- 73 deg spacing between each drill bit
- 11.61″ max OD
- 9ft total length
- 650kg total weight
13 3/8″ Tool performance
- 18% casing removal
- Up to 8 activations per run
- 73 in2 flow area per activation
- 5 minutes to drill through casing
How is the tool operated?
Tool is hydraulically operated (flow).
What sizes are available?
Currently we have a 13 3/8″ version available, but we have verified 9 5/8″ and 20″ capacities also.
Will it damage the 2nd casing?
No, the drill bits will stop just after breaking through the first casing.
What if there is cement behind the casing?
The drill bits are independent of material behind the casing.
What kind of swarf is generated?
A significant amount of design and testing have been put into the drill bit to ensure that the drill bit cuttings break up into small chips (10mm) that fall down and remain in the well. If required, the chips can be retrieved by a magnet below.